The European Society of Intensive Care Medicine is an Association of individual persons.
The ESICM was founded in March 1982 in Geneva, Switzerland. It is a non-profit making international association.
ESICM supports and promotes the advancement of knowledge in intensive care medicine, in particular the promotion of the highest standards of multidisciplinary care of critically ill patients and their families through education, research and professional development.
Aims and Missions
ESICM will endeavour to meet this objective by
• promoting and coordinating activities in the different fields of intensive care medicine
• fostering research and education in these fields
• providing recommendations for optimising facilities for intensive care medicine in Europe
• organising and coordinating international congresses and meetings.
Dual Membership SSMI/ESICM
ESICM and SSMI have a dual partnership in order to provide increased benefits to both societies’ members.
A reduced ESICM membership fee of €110 is offered to SSMI members. This reduced membership fee enables all of the major benefits of regular ESICM membership.
Do you want to become an active participant in the future of ICM?
As an ESICM/SSMI Nurse Dual Member, you:
- Benefit from a reduced membership fee (€110 for an annual membership of ESICM).
- A reduction in the entrance fee for all ESICM congresses/regional conferences.
- A dedicated Nursing and Allied Healthcare Professionals Committee.
- A vote for the section chair and deputy, your country representative and N&AHP Committee members.
- Possibility to apply for a position on the N&AHP Committee.
- + all the major benefits of regular ESICM membership
ESICM Annual Congress
The Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM) is proud to host LIVES 2015, the 28th Annual Congress of the Society, at the Citycube, in Berlin, Germany during the commemorative year of the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
ESICM members benefit from a significant discount at our congress and ESICM nurses from an even bigger discount.
Prof Thierry Fumeaux, ESICM representative Switzerland